The main purpose of this role is to bring in income to the festival, both as funding and in-kind support. This will include:
- Making approaches to potential sources of sponsorship of Folk Weekend; maintaining relationships with existing contacts, and creating relationships with new contacts.
- Making arrangements for any sponsorship / support in-kind to be delivered or collected, and invoicing where necessary.
- Liaise with local pubs and catering outlets to arrange discounts on purchases for wrist-band holders (including artists) and morris sides during the festival. Ensure that information about discounts is included in the printed programme and fully communicated to relevant Committee colleagues.
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure that all supporters and advertisers are acknowledged and thanked in the programme. Establish deadline dates and format(s) for any programme copy (if appropriate) in association with the Marketing Manager; arrange for copy to be submitted to by the due date.
- Organise a reception (or similar event) for supporters and funders of the festival immediately before or during the course of Folk Weekend.